Update Manager Changes

Ron Jenkins (SFS) sortfloorsolutions at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 04:15:43 UTC 2006

Instead of just saying "Your system is up-to-date", it may be more
appropriate to say "Your system is up-to-date as of" early this morning
or late this morning or the exact time the repositories were updated.

Even though no updates are available, the "Install Updates" button is
available and only performs some "Anal probing your system" bar graph
even though I expected some updates because the button was available.

I know this probably is not your problem, but the description tab for
each update available should be a change log and not what the program
is.

BTW - I sent to this list based on the "About Update Manager" section of
the help file.

About Update Manager

The Update Manager was written by Michiel
      Sikkes <michiel at eyeopened.nl> and Michael Vogt
        <michael.vogt at ubuntu.com> as an
      apt update manager for the GNOME Desktop of the
      Ubuntu Linux distribution. The user manual was written by Sean
Wheller
        <sean at inwords.co.za>.

To report a bug or make a suggestion regarding this package or this
      manual, send mail to <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>.

Gracias....