Latest updates hose sound playback on left side

Frank Merenda fmerenda at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 22:31:46 UTC 2006

All,

I have just done a fresh install of dapper, and did all the updates.

When I play sound now with my headphones, the left side is very "blurry", full
of static and sounds horrific. The playback was perfect before I upgraded. I
have tried different headphones, and they all have the same effect. I have
played both .mp3s and .oggs, and they both have the same results.

I played them in both xmms and rythmbox, and got the same results

Did anyone else get this after the latest upgrades?

-Frank