To auto-login or to not auto-login?

Michael V. De Palatis mdepalatis at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 13 13:01:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 02:28:57PM +0200, Roelof de Groot wrote:
> Well, something like this will do I guess:
> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=32045

Huh. I may have to switch over  the lab computer to use a face
browser. Mainly because of the "Already logged in" thing --- there
have been times when I have already been logged in, but didn't realize
it. In that case, it's kinda annoying to have to type in your username
and password just to have the message pop up saying you're already
logged in and asking if you just want to go to that one, then having
to type your password AGAIN.

I had never really liked the face browser concept, but that seems to
make it worth it on a multiuser machine.

Mike