NFS and the 2GB limit

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Apr 13 01:02:34 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 02:07:56AM +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Dienstag, den 11.04.2006, 20:04 -0400 schrieb stan:
> > I'm setting up an Sun Ultra40 running the AMD64bit version of Ubuntu.
> > Among other things, I copy over some _big_ Oracle data files. First
> > try today bailed at exactly 2GB. I checked the filesystem using dd
> > and I'm able to create files on that filesystem > 2G. I'm using userland
> > NFS.
> >
> > What can I do to fix this?
> use kernelside NFS (nfs-kernel-server), that doesnt have this
> restriction...

Thanks, apt-cache search shows nfs-kernel-server - Kernel NFS server support
Is this a module, or will I need to recompile the kernel? And I assume
I should apt-get remove the user side package first, right?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967