Hibernation support gone

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Apr 12 01:08:07 UTC 2006

mrwolff wrote:

>> What's the manual command to hibernate?

/etc/acpi/hibernate.sh

> Ok, I found out that hibernation is actually working and present I just
> have to sudo into su  then echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep
>
> so now my question is, how to I get that back on the logout menu so I
> don't have to freaking sudo to su and then type that each time I want to
> hibernate?

No idea, since I use KDE, but hibernation has worked on my inspiron 6000
since day 1.

I _used_ to hibernate by setting the power button
(/etc/acpi/events/powerbtn) to invoke hibernate instead of shutdown.  I
haven't managed to track down, though, why now it hibernates and _then_
completes the system shutdown on resume.
--
derek