Debian dated? [was: Re: Announcement from www.kubuntu.de]

Michael M. nixlists at writemoore.net
Tue Apr 11 20:06:46 UTC 2006

Pupeno wrote:
> And testing doesn't get security patches, so if you have a server
> running Debian testing and you have awstats and a nasty bug in awstats
> allows a worm to gain access to your server, the patch might take 10
> days to arrive while on Debian Stable I think it should be less than
> 12hs and on Sid untill a new upstream release is done, which might be a
> short period, but testing, untill Sid's package passes to testing it'll
> be unsecure.

deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free

You should really leave the FUD to Microsoft.  They do it so much better
than you.

It also doesn't reflect well on Ubuntu's user base.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." --S. Jackson