Dapper Flight upgrade

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 19:38:01 UTC 2006

On Sunday 09 April 2006 5:52 pm, John Vivirito wrote:
> > Thanks to John and Mario for your suggestions for upgrading
> > Breezy to Dapper using my Dapper CD. As I said, I can't do a
> > dist-upgrade from the internet.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I can't get any suggestion to work!
> >
> > I tried adding
> >
> > deb http://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/backports/update-manager/
> >
> > to the repository list. Synaptic didn't recognise it. So I added
> > breezy main  at the end, still nothing. Then  dapper main  -
> > nothing!
>
> on that site if you look more closely you will see iirc a ./ after
> the repo it will have a space between the repo you listed and the
> ./ but please check the link i gave you on that one. and than
> apt-get update and than install it sit back and watch as you go
> from breezy to dapper ;)

Hello John and Thilo.

Thanks for pointing out that there should be a space between "manager"
and the "/". I hadn't noticed it.  :(

John, Thilo was correct in saying that it is "/" and not "./"

All is now working and I have upgraded Breezy to Dapper Flight5 using
my Dapper CD instead of the internet.

Update-manager works well.

Sorry for the delay in sending this reply, but things were *very*
hectic here yesterday and I had no time to try it.

There have been many suggestions in reply to my problem - even though
it started out as an experiment. I would like to thank everyone who
replied. What a friendly list!

Cheers

Keith