Debian dated? [was: Re: Announcement from www.kubuntu.de]

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Tue Apr 11 14:59:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 11:26 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > Well, I used to be a Debian user, and I couldn't believe how dated
> it
> > was. So I was always using Sid.
>
> Yes - even testing seemed to be lagging too far for me.

And testing doesn't get security patches, so if you have a server
running Debian testing and you have awstats and a nasty bug in awstats
allows a worm to gain access to your server, the patch might take 10
days to arrive while on Debian Stable I think it should be less than
12hs and on Sid untill a new upstream release is done, which might be a
short period, but testing, untill Sid's package passes to testing it'll
be unsecure.
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> http://pupeno.com