Nero CD/DVD burner equivalent for ubuntu?

Todd Slater dontodd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 13:47:00 UTC 2006

On 4/10/06, nepoez <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> Hey, I can help you.
>

> I recently got rid of all Gnome and KDE libraries cuzz I want something
> super light for my laptop.  Now I used IceWM, it's super awesome.  I got
> everything I used to have with Gnome and KDE, except for a burning
> software.  I didn't want K3B cuzz of all the KDE dependencies.. so
> guess what I found:
>

> GraveMan.  Yup, you can install it via synaptic and it will run right
> out of the box!

GraveMan is hardly K3B, at least the last time I checked. If all you
want to do is burn audio and data it'll be adequate, but it can't do
any video. I don't remember if it'll do iso images or bin/cue files.
My guess is somebody wanting a Nero equivalent for linux might
possibly want some of the more advanced features offered by K3B.

Todd