Missing X manpage

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Apr 11 13:17:12 UTC 2006

Gary W. Swearingen wrote:

> "Michael V. De Palatis" <mdepalatis at mail.utexas.edu> writes:
>
>> I did some research and discovered apt-file. It lets you search for
>> particular files. According to its output, the manpage is *supposed*
>> to be located here in xserver-xorg-core:
>>
>> mvd at garnet:~$ apt-file search Xorg.
>> xserver-xorg-core: usr/X11R6/man/man1/Xorg.1x.gz

I hope you typed that instead of using cut & paste - otherwise the missing /
before "usr" would be a clue!

>> So honestly, I'm not sure why you don't seem to have it. Very odd.

Most of the X man pages were left out in dapper.  I filed a bug report
(darned if I can find it in Launchpad, though), and this week I got an
email that it had been confirmed.  No idea if that means they'll actually
be put back before dapper is released, though.  However, this particular
page appears to exist.

Meanwhile, try: aptitude reinstall xserver-xorg-core
That should fix the Xorg man page.
--
derek