DVDs OK, CDs NG

Paul Dwerryhouse paul at dwerryhouse.com.au
Tue Apr 11 07:04:32 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 11:48:02PM -0400, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> After running Ubuntu 5.04 (Hoary) for almost nine months, I ran into my
> first problem this evening when I tried to read a CD.

Just looking for a quick clarification here ... this is the first time
you've put a CD in, in that nine months? Or has it worked in the past,
on Ubuntu?

I had a (laptop) DVD/CDRW drive that had problems last year - it would
read DVDs, but it refused to read CDs unless it had just written one. I
wiped the lens with a tissue and that sorted it out (until it died
completely four months later).

Cheers,

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse				| PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584