horizontal scroll in synaptic touchpad?

Francisco Borges f.borges at rug.nl
Mon Apr 10 19:57:22 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400, which has a touch pad with horizontal and
vertical stripes for scrolling, according to /proc/bus/input/devices,
the touchpad is a "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad".

The vertical scroll works out of the box, but the horizontal doesn't.

I'm well aware that this is an open bug:
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/xorg-driver-synaptics/+bug/3171/+index

However I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestion about appart
from waiting for a newversion of xserver-xorg-input-synaptics??

Cheers,
--
Francisco

BTW, if you want to follow my attempt to make Dell refund me for
WinXP, check it here: http://lxer.com/module/forums/t/22272/