HTML document as wallpaper on gnome

Gary W. Swearingen garys at opusnet.com
Mon Apr 10 18:10:26 UTC 2006

William Stephens <wstephens10 at cox.net> writes:

> makes a web page with all the annoying blinking and beeping .gifs on the

It shouldn't be too hard to take a screen shot (with Ksnapshot?) of
the relevant parts of an HTML page within a browser window, and then
use that as the wallpaper, but if she wants blinking and beeping, I
don't know.

I think any display background other than a solid color is silly.
There are better ways to view images.  I call it "camouflage", and
especially hate such artistry as web page backgrounds.

BTW, I just tried to do "man" for "X" and "X11" on kubuntu dapper
and find there's no such man pages.  But there's one for
"x11perfcomp".  Suprising choices.  Harrumph.