cupsys-driver-gimpprint-data package unavailable for Dapper?

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Mon Apr 10 16:14:13 UTC 2006

Clive,

Thanks for responding.
> I came in on this late and am not sure of your setup.  I assume the
> printer is connected directly to your Dapper box?
Yes, it's connected directly by USB. And the problem is not just
reprinting. It's any printing. Every time I try to print anything, a
test page or anything else, the printer does not respond at all. The job
shows as being "complete" immediately, but the printer does not respond
with any action whatsoever.

I've tried turning the printer on and off and resetting it, but that
does not seem to have any effect.

Here is my cupsd.conf file:

dave at homebase:/etc/cups$ more cupsd.conf
#
#
#   Sample configuration file for the Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS)
#   scheduler.  See "man cupsd.conf" for a complete description of this
#   file.
#

# Log general information in error_log - change "info" to "debug" for
# troubleshooting...
LogLevel warning

# Administrator user group...
SystemGroup lpadmin
RunAsUser Yes

# Only listen for connections from the local machine.
# Listen localhost:631
# Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

# Show shared printers on the local network.
# Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow @LOCAL

# Default authentication type, when authentication is required...
DefaultAuthType Basic

# Restrict access to the server...
<Location />
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
</Location>

# Restrict access to the admin pages...
<Location /admin>
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
</Location>

# Restrict access to configuration files...
<Location /admin/conf>
  AuthType Basic
  Require user @SYSTEM
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
</Location>

# Set the default printer/job policies...
<Policy default>
  # Job-related operations must be done by the owner or an adminstrator...
  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job
Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription
Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job
Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job
CUPS-Move-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

  # All administration operations require an adminstrator to authenticate...
  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Set-Printer-Attributes
Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job
Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs
Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer
Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After CUPS-Add-Printer
CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Accept-Jobs
CUPS-Reject-Jobs CUPS-Set-Default>
    AuthType Basic
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

  # Only the owner or an administrator can cancel or authenticate a job...
  <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>

  <Limit All>