External display for laptop

Erik Christiansen erik at dd.nec.com.au
Mon Apr 10 03:05:09 UTC 2006

G'day,

Does anyone have a link to a handy "laptop External display" howto?

Not finding anything in the gnome help, or under the system menu, I've
googled, and found something by Werner Heuser, but it refers to
"entFnent+entF4ent" and /etc/XF86Config.

The latter is familiar enough, but doesn't seem to exist in ubuntu. The
closest I've found is /etc/X11/config/cf/xf86{.rules,.tmpl,site.def} ,
but they're not helping.

Before I plug the thing in, it'd be kinda nifty to have somewhere to
check that the resolution and refresh rate settings are sane.

Any hint would help. Lots. :-)

Erik