Dapper Flight upgrade

John Vivirito gnomefreak at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 16:52:54 UTC 2006

> Thanks to John and Mario for your suggestions for upgrading Breezy to
> Dapper using my Dapper CD. As I said, I can't do a dist-upgrade from
> the internet.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't get any suggestion to work!
>
> I tried adding
>
> deb http://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/backports/update-manager/
>
> to the repository list. Synaptic didn't recognise it. So I added
> breezy main  at the end, still nothing. Then  dapper main  - nothing!
>
> So I went to the update-manager site and downloaded it. On trying to
> install it with dpkg, there were lots of dependency problems. So,
> rather than messing around for ages getting the correct libraries and
> installing them, I abandoned it.
>
> Then I tried adding the Dapper CD as an apt repository source in
> place of the Breezy one. I couldn't get that to work either. :-(
>
> It's beaten me and I don't know what to do to get it to work. So,
> please could David or John tell me exactly what to put as the
> repository to make the update-manager site accessible. Also, please
> could Brian or Mario tell me how to get my Dapper Flight5 disk
> recognised, for their upgrade suggestion.
>
> Sorry to trouble you all!
>
> Many thanks
>
> Keith
on that site if you look more closely you will see iirc a ./ after the
repo it will have a space between the repo you listed and the ./ but
please check the link i gave you on that one. and than apt-get update
and than install it sit back and watch as you go from breezy to
dapper ;)

--
GnomeFreak

https://launchpad.net/people/gnomefreak