Hardware compatibility list?

email.listen at googlemail.com email.listen at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 9 15:20:37 UTC 2006

Am Sun, 9. April 2006 14:12 schrieb Daniel Carrera:
[...]
> I've been tasked with choosing the hardware for a Ubuntu installation.
> Where can I find the hardware compatibility list? I'm mostly interested
> in colour printers and modems.
>
> I've been searching everywhere (browsing the site and googling) but I
> can't find it. Could someone give me a link?

SUSE hardware database:
http://cdb.suse.de/
You will find a lot of modems following the 'Express search' link

Redhat
https://hardware.redhat.com/hwcert/index.cgi
Needs register/login, not much hardware / periferals listed.

Printer:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/

IMO the most comprehesive GNU/Linux printer database.

regards,
Thomas