Hardware compatibility list?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sun Apr 9 13:36:18 UTC 2006

Ubuntuud wrote:
> But you shouldn't be afraid that hardware wont be recognised, off
> course, it happens, but not as often as people think.

Why take a risk when I can just pick a supported product?

> I also think that you should ask more specific. Just give a list of the
> hardware you would like to use, and the members will say if they got it
> working.

I couldn't disagree more. Instead of choosing products at random and
sending an email to this list for each one, I should look at a
compatibility list and pick something from there.

I need to pick a pinter and modem. I haven chosen one yet. The purpose
of a compatibility list is to pick one that works easily. If Ubuntu
doesn't have a compatibility list I'll go to linuxprinting.org and use
that. I'm not aware of a resource for modems though (linmodems.org is
for softare modems, I prefer hardware modems).

Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://opendocumentfellowship.org
     /\/_/