What package provides file xyz?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sun Apr 9 10:51:25 UTC 2006

David Symons wrote:
> My /usr/bin/java is a symlink that points to /etc/alternatives/java.
> This is most likely set up by a postinstall script so won't work with
> 'dpkg -S'.

Thanks.

> Try a 'sudo update-alternatives --config java' to see what they are (and
> choose between them).

   Selection    Alternative
       1        /usr/bin/gij-wrapper-4.0
       2        /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/bin/java
*+    3        /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/bin/java

GCJ seems to work for what I need, so I switched to that and removed
j2se because I prefer to use Free Software.

Best,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://opendocumentfellowship.org