firefox/thunderbird

DavidFourer ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Apr 7 19:46:23 UTC 2006

Thanks Tommy T. -- that was a tremendous help.  I've spent hours trying
one thing or another because I didn't know there were hidden files and
I didn't know what a dot meant.

There has to be some organized way for a person familiar with Windows
or Mac to move to Linux.  I feel like what I'm doing is not efficient.
I've had this operating system on my computer for a month.  I've been
to three user-group meetings.  now I learn that stuff is in hidden
files.  I enjoyed the user group meetings.  Some time ago, I wasted a
lot of time because I didn't know how to unzip a windows file.  I tried
everything.  I also wasted a lot of time over getting permission to do
what I wanted to do.  There seems to be issues over installing software
that I don't understand yet.  I suppose everone's experience is
different.  I wonder, Is it possible to make a list of things a Windows
or Mac user wants to know first, so as not to waste a lot of time?

--
DavidFourer