adding fonts

Avraham Hanadari rick at hanadari.net
Fri Apr 7 15:46:50 UTC 2006

Just setting things up, and I have several questions the answers to
which I could not find within Ubuntu. Perhaps someone can help.

I have the Hebrew language selected among languages, and a Hebrew
keyboard link on the panel, but I don't have the fonts I am accustomed
to using. In fact there seem to be large numbers of Arabic and Hindi
fonts, but not the ones I want for Hebrew and European languages. I have
TT fonts aplenty from Windows, but how do I get them into use by the
system?

Thanks in advance, Avraham