gnome weirdness after running for a while

Michael V. De Palatis mdepalatis at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 7 14:29:05 UTC 2006

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 03:11:58PM +0100, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> I'm no Gnome guru, but perhaps you could run one of the commands under
> strace and post the output?  It would also be useful to see a list of
> specific programs that are affected.

As far as the strace goes, I get lots of "Timeout"s; e.g.,

lstat64("/usr/share/themes/Elberg/gtk-2.0-key/gtkrc", 0xbfadfdec) = -1
ENOENT (No such file or directory)
select(17, [16], NULL, NULL, {0, 0})    = 0 (Timeout)

I'm not sure if this is abnormal or not, though. As for programs
affected, since this happens very erratically, that would be very
difficult to catalog.

Again, this is really a mere annoyance rather than a showstopper. I
mainly was just curious if anyone else had experienced the problem.

> But first, you may wish to search the BTS.

I've looked through it a bit, but didn't find anything in my short
time searching. Perhaps if this were a more serious issue, I would
spend more time searching it.

Mike