trying to make printer work...

ana ana_m at onetel.com
Fri Apr 7 10:39:31 UTC 2006

Henk Koster wrote:

>Not sure what you were trying to do in your long previous post...

I am just trying to get my printer work! I a m trying all these things
not because i fancy fiddling with files, but because i set it up and
configured it properly yet the printer does not print.

>I have also found it necessary to circumvent the Gnome print manager
>by going directly the http://localhost:631 route. You can do that by
>editing the /etc/cupsd.conf file: comment out the two lines near the
>end of the file that say "AuthType Basic" and "AuthClass System".
>After "sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys restart" you have access to the CUPS
>administration via localhost:631.

I have alredy gained access to the CUPS via interface, I can start the
printer, I can send a test page to be printed... and nothing happens. I
am told it is a paralel port problem, I just do not know what to do next

thanks again

ana