install problem

Richard richard at aztecsa.co.za
Thu Apr 6 08:35:31 UTC 2006

When I originally sent this, I did not realize my mailbox was full and I
could not receive mail. This has been sorted out, so if anyone replied
in the first instance, would he/she please reply again?

Thanks.

(ps. I tried to install on an older machine yesterday, but the operation
freezes when it tries to format the new partition, so I am experiencing
a 50% success rate which is pretty poor)

I was so happy to come across PaulsKludge as I am experiencing exactly
the same problem reported there. Vis. computer installation stalls at
"starting hotplug subsystem".

The problem here is that loading the server only does not solve the
problem. I experience exactly the same problem and cannot get to the
prompt to build the rest.

I have loaded two other computers off this ubuntu Breezy Badger disk
with no problems, so I am pretty sure the problem does not lie there.
I am wondering if it has something to do with my computer which is an
Acer Aspire E500 and has a 200gig SATA hard drive which is seen by
Ubuntu as a RAID device.

Could you please help as I would dearly love to have Ubuntu at home.

Thanks

Richard Tyson