firefox/thunderbird

ZephyrQ zephyrq at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 7 01:31:23 UTC 2006

Me - Atlantic wrote:
> Olafur~
> Thanks for the links.. After a bit more research into this, I'm thinking
> that the best thing to do for now is to stay with Evolution.  It's not
> my preferred app, but with all the problems that I've seen others having
> with Thunderbird (specifically on Deb based systems), it's better left
> to the developers to bring this up to a stable level.

	I finally abandoned Evolution when I tried to upgrade it and was not
able to transfer my contacts and had a he** of a time transferring my
mail archives.  All the 'how-to's to do this didn't work for me, so I
tried Thunderbird by adding the Etch repositories and upgrading ONLY
THUNDERBIRD and its related files.  I have 1.5 running and am mildly
satisfied with it...runs cleaner for me than Evo and its default junk
filter works better for me.

	I was not able to transfer my Evo stuff (or, I really don't have time
to mess with all the steps), so I keep it so I could get to archived
stuff from as far back as 5 years ago.