Root password???

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 00:51:10 UTC 2006

On 4/7/06, Dennis Kaarsemaker <dennis at kaarsemaker.net> wrote:
> On vr, 2006-04-07 at 10:31 +1000, Alfred Vahau wrote:
> > it is suggested that the Dapper installer provide for
> > documentation on Ubuntu's philosophy on the root password
>
> It does.
> People. Don't. Read.

It's to be expected.. Linux has for years extolled the virtues of it's
Unix like "root password" concepts over the windows environment.
Everyone just "assumes" and expects Linux to have a root password.

I don't see this as an excuse to get angry with anyone.. either
politely inform them of how Ubuntu works or bite your tongue and help
out less aggravating people :-D

--
www.modmeup.net
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10