[Dapper] Can't replace the Ubuntu logo (Gnome panel) ??

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Apr 6 23:13:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am trying to replace the Ubuntu logo/icon that's in the top left
corner of the screen, in the Gnome panel.

I have done it many times in the past, by replacing the
icon /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/distributor-logo.png, and then
just restarting the gnome-panel to load the new icon.

Today, some update restored the original Ubuntu logo back again. So I
did as usual, as mentionned above, but, somehow, it doesn't work
anymore ?!
I have plain deleted the ubuntu icon, and replaced it with another one,
yet the Ubuntu logo still shows up in the gnome panel, even after
restarting the computer !

Can anyone reproduce the bug ?

Or maybe it's a feature, and the distributor-logo icon is not used
anymore... in this case, what icon does it use now ? I searched with
"locate *logo*.png", but didn't find anything particularly relevant...

--
Vince, very confused...