Three questions about Skippy (the program that's like Expose)

Michael V. De Palatis mdepalatis at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 6 22:36:13 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 04:19:43PM -0500, mrwolff wrote:
> Third, does anyone know a good way for this command to start on
> default?  What's the general Ubuntu method for making a program start up
> with Gnome?  I could use this for a few other programs

System -> Preferences -> Sessions -> Startup Programs.

Actually, what I really prefer to do in most cases (though I still do
the above for some things) is have a .xsession file and then have GDM
start the "default." The nice thing about this method is that if you
later decide that you want to use something else instead of GNOME, you
only have to change the line in the .xsession file that loads GNOME.

Of course, if you never plan on using anything other than GNOME, then
the first method is perfectly acceptable.

Sorry I can't help you with the other questions.

Mike