Dapper clock and locales

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 08:13:25 UTC 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 2:14 am, Adam Conrad wrote:
> Keith Powell wrote:
> > Adam Conrad wrote:
> >> Have you filed a bug about this?
> >
> > Until I had exhausted the help from the list, I didn't know if
> > "how to set the clock to the 12 hour system" had changed from
> > Breezy and it was something I was doing wrong.
>
> I appreciate (no, honestly, I do) the fact that you'll go to a
> support group first to make sure something IS a bug, before using
> our bug tracking system as a help line.  We really do appreciate
> that. :)
>
> But, there does come a time when you find yourself arguing with
> other users about the why and wherefore of a bug that you should
> perhaps consider filing it and seeing if it can get fixed, so you
> don't have to spend 12 hours a day fanning the flames on mailing
> lists. ;)
>
> > I haven't a clue how to file a bug, so I must investigate.
>
> https://launchpad.net/malone
>
> ... Adam

Thanks for your reply, Adam.

The bug has been filed.

I don't want to labour the point about my asking the list first, but I
think many users of the various distros must be as cheesed off as I
am, reading postings on lists, which boil down to:

"I am having a problem with program XYZ. There are several thousand of
you using it without having any problems whatever. Although I am the
only one, it can't possibly be anything I am doing wrong. It must be
a major bug in the program which needs fixing immediately!"

Cheers

Keith