Beagle trojan attack acussed by my ISP

Zunbeltz Izaola zunbeltz at wm.lc.ehu.es
Wed Apr 5 09:00:02 UTC 2006

Jatorrizko mezua: ar., 2006-04-04 16:32 -0400, egilea: Stephen Ryan
> On 4/4/06, Zunbeltz Izaola <zunbeltz at wm.lc.ehu.es> wrote:
> > Jatorrizko mezua: ar., 2006-04-04 15:05 +0100, egilea: localzuk
> > > Oh and also, is it a letter or email? If it is an email it could be a
> > > spoof...
> > >

> > no it is a letter.
> >
> > Zunbeltz
>
> Do you have a mailer installed (e.g., postfix)?  Beagle.D is a Windows
> virus that sends out spam messages, and stupid ISPs can mistake a
> misconfigured mailer for it.
>
> I landed on a spammer blacklist that swore they only listed "verified
> spammers", but they actually listed people with misconfigured mailers
> instead.  Fixing /etc/postfix/main.cf to have my actual hostname in
> the "myhostname = " line got me off the list.

I've postfix installed (I think ubuntu install it by default) but i
don't know if it is runnig. Nevertheles i don't use my computer to get
mail.

I think the correct answer is that given by Joe (I've a opened wireless)

Thanks a lot

Zunbeltz