Sudoers list?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Tue Apr 4 20:34:29 UTC 2006

Chris Bannister wrote:
> Surely you could just test for the effective user id of the current
> user?   Should be root/0 if they're running your script with sudo.
>
> Or is the aim of your script to do something with sudoers?

The script is a simplified OpenOffice.org installer. The default OOo
download is a tar.gz file with about 12 RPM files. This is a GUI program
that extracts everything and asks the user where to put it. If the user
chooses a location that is writable only by root (e.g. /usr/local) I
should run gksudo to ask for a password. So far so good. But what if the
user is not in the sudoers list? I need to know whether it makes sense
to run gksudo for this user or not.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--