Shortcut to move one word forward and backward in bash, zsh, etc does not work

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 4 18:03:19 UTC 2006

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 19:14:22 +0200
Nils <elitepenguin at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When pressing alt-b/f gnome-terminal and aterm show me strange
> characters instead of moving. I'm not sure if this problem is caused
> because gnome changes the xkeyboard mapping or if it's something
> different.

Appears to work normally in gnome-terminal here. xterm on the other hand
produces â and æ (interesting, didn't know that either... something to
explore... must be a set of accents and special characters etc. to access
with "alt" ) Aterm seems to work "normally" .

I didn't even know those short cuts! Very useful - thank you ! (I know -
that doesn't help with your problem, sorry... )

Peter
--

Linux User #343161