NOT HAPPY after Breezy upgrade/install

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 4 01:50:27 UTC 2006

Folks,

This is hard for me to say, however, after I did an upgrade from a working 5.04 Ubuntu installation to 5.10. I discovered that networking did not work anymore. After several attempts to manually configure it with no success I decided to do an install. The results of that activity were also less than what I wanted... networking still broke, thunderbird is not there, and some other minor items are also not right.

I have been using Linux for years and this has been about the most frustrating experience I have had.

Can I go back to 5.04 from 5.10? At least it was working except for supporting a new HP PSC1610 printer I purchased. That was the reason for the move to 5.10, it was suggested that perhaps it would be easier to debug the problem.

My only other alternative is to go back to RedHat 7.3, which was what I was using when I moved to Ubuntu.

All responses appreciated,

Regards,
Jay