Destroying "only" your home directory (was Re: Newbie question on permissions)

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 22:46:54 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-04 at 22:28 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> In Unix, a solution like that would be real easy. Install
> CVS/SVN/whatever and create some user crons based on input from a
> wizard. When the cron runs, it mounts the usb drive, submits all of ~
> to SVN, umounts the usb drive. You don't even need a big red button.
> With a nice Gtk/Qt front end to do restores.

Do you ever actually watch a user?  No, really.  I'm serious.  Hearing
someone use "CVS" and "easy" together like that just makes me giggle
uncontrollably.

--
Michael T. Richter
Email: ttmrichter at gmail.com, mtr1966 at hotpop.com
MSN: ttmrichter at hotmail.com, mtr1966 at hotmail.com; YIM:
michael_richter_1966; AIM: YanJiahua1966; ICQ: 241960658; Jabber:
mtr1966 at jabber.cn

"I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the
institution of slavery in the States where it exists." --Abraham Lincoln