package that contains algorithm2e.sty for LaTeX

Shelagh Manton oneida at tpg.com.au
Mon Apr 3 01:55:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 20:20:36 -0500, mrwolff wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone knew of an easy way to get the
> algorithm2e.sty package for LaTeX.  I can't seem to find an Ubuntu package
> that has it, and when I manually downloaded it from ctan and tried to just
> unzip it into the directory with the others, LaTeX still won't find it.
> Just looking for ideas on what the proper method of finding and installing
> it would be.
>
> Thanks

You will need to move it to a TeX tree, in say /usr/local/share/texmf/ or
even /home/yourname/texmf/

By a TeX tree I mean a set of folders which has the same structure as the
one in /usr/share/texmf/. You need to do this so that if at a
future time the ubuntu latex package gets updated you will still have a
copy of your algorithm2e.sty without having to redownload and set it up
again.

then you need to let laTeX know that you have this file.

run $ sudo texhash

Latex should find it after this.

There are some good downloadable books which give nice overviews on how
latex works on ctan. Its worth the time to go through them.

Shelagh