VoIP

Nicholas Thomas lupine at yorkshire-pagans.org.uk
Sun Apr 2 18:32:46 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I was wondering who is using VoIP under Ubuntu, and what sort of
settings you have?

I'm trying to set up a SIP server (Ubuntu based, of course :) )to give
everyone in my house (a mix of Windows & Ubuntu PCs) the ability to do
voice calls, to/from each other, the UK, and abroad. I've tried Asterisk
(haha, now there's a nightmare to configure!), and I'm looking at sipX
now. Just upgrading my server to Dapper so I can use their repos.

I've got voip.co.uk as one provider  (with a UK number), and another one
with an NY phone number, whose details I've temporarily forgotten
(eep!), and I'm trying to get them all put together.

Also, what softphones do you prefer? I'm trying out Ekiga at the moment;
I prefer it over linphone... :)

Bah, I'll get there in the end :)

xF,

...Nick