hibernate hp nc6220 dapper

Jonathan Hudson jh+ubuntu at daria.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 17:47:40 UTC 2006

I (or rather my employer) has a nice new hp nc6220 on which I've
installed dapper, which is very cool, even the SD reader works.

The only problem is hibernate (which is alleged to work). Suspend (to
memory) is fine; hibernate to disk hibernates, but the resume fails.
The kernel reloads, the saved pages appear to reload, the screen then
blanks and the machine is locked. Only way out is hard reset. I've
tried ensure the bluetooth modules are not loaded, and both "shutdown"
and "platform" modes, to no avail.

Any insight on getting hibernate working appreciated.

-jonathan