hoary i810 dri needs udev-0.070-2 to work

Jan Morén jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Wed Sep 28 22:42:11 UTC 2005

ons 2005-09-28 klockan 16:56 +0200 skrev Nikolaus Neumaier:
> > partition and noticed that when it went to xorg from xfree, the dri on
> > the i810 broke.  I've been suspecting udev, since /dev/dri/card0 would
> > need udev to be created, and that's the error message.  Anyway, I
> > noticed a new udev on the sid updates, so installed just that package,
> > and got the great result.
> >
> > Now, the problem, how to backport this new udev into hoary.  I thought
> > I might be able to just use the udev source and rebuild it on hoary,
> > but it requires a bunch of packages with higher versions than hoary.
> >
> > Anyone know how to tackle an update problem like this?
> >
> > regards,
> >
> wait for breezy; at least I have an i810 too and xdriinfo says
> successfully: Screen 0: i915

For what it's worth, I run Hoary on a laptop with i180 hardware, and I
seem to have DRI accelleration up and running without ever having to
tweak it myself:

/dev/dri/ has card0 and card1

xdriinfo says "Screen 0: i915"

--
Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
Sweden: +46-31 360 7723               Dept. of Cognitive Science