breezy failing to install

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Sep 28 21:36:53 UTC 2005

The Ubuntu homepage shouldn't announce Ubuntu 5.10 up first in the
downloads page. I just wasted a few hours of downloading and a blank CD
on something that blew on my face during installation.

Yes, I know what the words "preview release" stand for, but something
that doesn't install won't leave much to preview, will it? Besides,
it's not good for Ubuntu's reputation. It should be featured "under"
the 5.04 version, maybe with a disclaimer pointing out it's for testing
or only for users already familiar with Ubuntu.

After searching these forums, I found out this preview release has been
superseded by "Colony 5", but the homepage still prominently points to
the old buggy release that won't install.

Anyway, I'll just try what kuyaedz suggested, install 5.04 and upgrade
it later on.

:???:

--
DanFG