that darned ROOT problem

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Wed Sep 28 18:31:23 UTC 2005

Bo Grimes wrote:
> Janne Jokitalo wrote:
>

> The fact here is that Ubuntu is changing it from the standard practice
> for Linux distros, and I have 6 years and dozens of distos of experience.

Not just linux distros but 30 years worth of commercial and free
*NIX distros, which is the primary source of the problem.  For decades
*NIX distros have had an enable root account after install.  People
are used to this because this is how its *always been*.

--
Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown