what works in xp and not in ubuntu

Thomas Beckett thomas.beckett at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 09:26:44 UTC 2005

On 9/27/05, Duncan Lithgow <duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk> wrote:
> AutoCAD is in the list of apps that doesn't run on linux/unix/macintosh.
>  From what I can tell from talking to the suse developers there is no
> plans to support it. Wine wil run AutoCAD 2000lt I am told - haven't
> tried it yet.
>
> AutoCAD is a make-or-break app for many business sectors in some
> countries....

Well AutoCAD 2000lt is I believe only the 2D part and so QCad
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad.html
will likely meet your needs. It opens DXF files fine (including
DXF2004 and R12 versions).
Im not a CAD user myself so dont know if its features compare well to
AutoCAD or the lite version at all but I have erad that it is very
good. I also gather that it can be installed via a quick visit to
Synaptic :)

Hope it helps

Tom