[Breezy] Boot error messages

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:37:58 UTC 2005

In the last kernel update, I started getting a series of error
messages on boot in the form:

insmod: error inserting 'FILENAME': -1 File exists.

The files are all in /lib/modules/2.6.12-9-686/kernel/drivers/video.
They are: consolebitblit.ko, consolefont.ko, consoletileblit.ko,
consolefbcon.ko, cfbcoprea.ko, cfbfilect.ko, cfbimgt.ko and
softcour.ko

(Sorry for the odd way of listing them. I don't seem to have a boot
log, or at least not in /var/log , and an fgrep confirms that these
lines don't appear in any log file located there. I have to retype
them by switching from tty 1 and 7.)

I have intel i810 on-board graphics. The system seems unaffected. X
loads and everything is working fine, as far as I can see. Is it
something to worry about, is anyone seeing this?

-Eamonn