Breezy - Subversion Setup - svnserve not working?

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 19:46:01 UTC 2005

On 27/09/05, Gregory Piñero <gregpinero at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Well, it doesn't sound like a bug to me, to be honest. It just sounds
> > like you're having trouble figuring out the Debian-style init system,
>
>  I would think so too, except that I'm using the exact same setup I used in
> Hoary and it worked fine there.

Sorry, you're right. I misunderstood you. File a bugzilla then and
have the developers figure it out.

> > Did you try creating a "local" file in /etc/init.d?
>
>  What is this local file you speak of?  What would I put in it?

Just add a script in /etc/init.d, traditionally called local (but can
be called anything you like) and then add it the startup process with
update-rc.d (try man update-rc.d).  That's what I did back in Warty
when I couldn't get the system to automatically mount a second (SATA)
hard drive in the system.

In your case, the simplest script would just contain svnserve -d -r
/location/of/your/repository

-Eamonn