(no subject)

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Sep 26 20:36:12 UTC 2005

> 1)in order to install my internal modem (Smart Link)I need the entire
> kernel source tree .It has been mentioned that only kernel headers wont
> be sufficient,So what should I do for installing the same.Is Ubuntu not
> available on 2.4 kernel.

Ubuntu won't run on a 2.4 kernel.  It is designed for plug-and-play and
that requires 2.6 and some other components.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=361253&postcount=10 for
instructions on downloading the source.

> What should I do for getting rid of same.

I don't know.  Can you get on the developer's forum on
www.ubuntuforums.org?

> 3)QT is freely available on RedHat what will I need to get it here .and
> what about the GTK toolkit thats freely available on RH.What should I do
> to install these packages.

Look in Synaptic if you are running gnome.

Look in the guide:  www.ubuntuguide.org

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RootSudo?highlight=%28sudo%29

--
mlomker