Skype on Breezy?

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 17:16:33 UTC 2005

I ran into problems as well and found that I had to use the static binary
available on skype.com <http://skype.com>, which has the QT libraries
compiled. That's because there's a conflict between the QT library in Breezy
and the one used by skype. So using the static binary is a work around.

Just put the binary in /opt and then create a custom command in your
applicaiton menu that points to it.

It takes a while to start up, but works fine and doesn't break anything on
your system.

On 9/26/05, Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 14:10 +0000, Frank Merenda wrote:
> > Gavin Costello <gavcos <at> gmail.com <http://gmail.com>> writes:
> >
> > > Try deleting your $HOME/.Skype directory and running skype again.
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't work for me, I get the same (non)
> results.
> > I also tried installing the previous version, 1.1.0.20-1, which worked
> on Hoary,
> > with no luck. Same for the statically linked version.
> >
> > I am also running on a P4 with the SMP kernel, I don't know if that
> would make a
> > difference or not?
>
> Shouldn't. That's what I'm using. Do you have the libqt3-mt package
> installed?
>

> > Thanks,
> > -Frank
> >

> --