automate installer choices

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Mon Sep 26 15:28:41 UTC 2005

Jay Camp wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 09:55 -0500, Michael J. Lynch wrote:
>
>>Possible....non-trivial.  You basically need to set up a DHCP,
>>TFTP, and web server from which the install will be performed.
>>It took me several weeks worth of fiddling and chatting with
>>devs to get it all working.
>

> Not exactly.  He didn't say he required network boot (which removes the
> need for the DHCP, TFTP, and web server).  You can create a preseed,
> stick it on the Ubuntu CD-ROM, and reburn it.

Doh!  Were did I get the network based method from?  I must still have
it on my brain.  Yep...that's true.  Just make sure of one thing (just
in case it hasn't been fixed yet), don't have any DOS line terminators
in the preseed file cause it will (or at least it used to) really
confuse the heck out of everything.

--
Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown