scanner problems

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:14:04 UTC 2005

On 9/25/05, guido dom <guido.dom at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the preview release with all the updates installed - my scanner
> (CANOSCAN) is recognised but does not work
> Starting sane or xsane says: no scanner present

It might be that your particular model of "CanoScan" is not supported...
check for the EXACT model number at http://www.sane-project.org/

I ran out of room in my office and switched from a large old SCSI scanner to
a tiny CanoScan LiDE 20... but I used eBay to search for and buy that
specific older model because several of the LiDE models are NOT supported.
Canon does not supply helpful technical information so some of them may
never be fully supported by the SANE project .