root password

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 16:10:05 UTC 2005

1. sudo -i
2. type in *your* password.
3. you're root.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RootSudo

Ubuntu uses sudo (like many modern Unices, like Mac OS X). The stages
you'll go through are the following:

1. Confusion (current stage)
2. Anger ("I'm not a child! Give me root account!")
3. Denial (you'll create a root account by doing sudo passwd)
4. Acceptance (Well, OK, I'll try it like this for a while.)
5. Then you like it.

Trust me on this one.

-Eamonn