LTModem and Breezy

pkoebbe ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Sep 24 16:47:38 UTC 2005

I also upgraded to Breezy, though via cdrom, and also did not find the
ltmodem modules.  In Synaptic, I looked the restricted-modules packages
for Hoary and the Breezy preview and noticed that in Hoary, the lt_*
modules are listed, while they are not in the package for Breezy.  So
it seems that they are either not yet available or have been removed.
I do hope it's not the latter.  While it seems like the majority of
users have access to broadband, many of us don't and still rely on
dialup.  I am preparing for the inevitability of the LT drivers not
being available and have begun looking for an external USB modem that
will work with Linux.  Any ideas?

Peace,

Phillip

--