firefox 1.0.7-0ubuntu0.1_i386 update error

Spoofhound ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Sep 24 16:17:52 UTC 2005

Eamonn Sullivan Wrote:
> On 24/09/05, xbilly <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> > I was having the same problem and nothing seemed to be working at
> all...

> > or I was just following directions wrong...

> > so I ended up uninstalling Firefox via SMP... and now I just cant
> get

> > firefox back at all. Please help. Please

> Excuse the ignorance, but what's SMP in this context? How did you
> uninstall it?

> -Eamonn

Probably means SPM - Synaptic Package Manager.

There seem to be a few fixes that solve this problem. The thread below
gives a good overview. I was able to fix it by removing firefox and
firefox gnome support in synaptic and then reinstalling in synaptic.
Also had to reinstall yelp and ubuntu-desktop. Some of the posters in
this thread were able to solve it using the same procedure - see the
last few posts. Hope it works out

Spoofhound